Registration for incoming kindergarteners and newly enrolled first graders opens on Monday, 3/6/23. As we prepare for our upcoming school year, it is important to have your child registered to ensure we have the correct amount of teachers for our students. Please do not delay! Help us with the process by registering your new kindergartner or first grader as soon as possible.
Children must be 5 years old by 9/1/23 in order to enroll in kindergarten next school year. Every child who is 5 years old by this date must be enrolled in a kindergarten program this fall or have an approved waiver. HCPSS kindergarten is a full day program.
- Please make certain you are on the screen for 2023-2024 if registering for the next school year.
- Parents or guardians are to register students at the school serving the address where the child’s parent or guardian resides. Information on neighborhood schools can be found through HCPSS School Locator.
- Complete your child’s registration online by providing the documents listed below. The registration process will be more efficient if you upload the required documents during online registration. Otherwise, you will be asked to submit the required documents via email as pdfs, or you may contact the office to make arrangements to bring the documents in and we will copy them for you. The following documents are needed for registration and should be submitted during the online registration process: Click here for a checklist for registration.
- Child’s evidence of birth (i.e. birth certificate, baptismal certificate)
- An authorized record of immunizations
- Proof of residency in the form of your entire signed lease/deed including signature pages.
- Current utility bill with your name and address that has been issued within the last 45 days. (cellular device bills not accepted)
- Photo ID of parent/guardian
Additional Documents to bring if applicable to your child:
Proof of custody - only if there is information the school must adhere to during school hours (full document including the signature pages)
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for Special Education Services
- 504 plan
- Psychological report or related services reports/plans
- English Language Learner (ELL) plans or previous assessments
These forms should be completed by your child's pediatrician and dentist and emailed to our Health Room prior to the first day of school or as soon as your child has their 5 year check-up
It is recommended that you work on a laptop or desktop to complete registration. Cell phone registration is not recommended. Please call our front office at 410-313-6900 or email our registrar email@example.com with registration questions.